Corrupted truecrypt header

Discussion in 'encryption problems' started by Glbrr01, Nov 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Glbrr01

Glbrr01 Registered Member

I have a whole disk encrypted with true crypt (including the operating system)

Everything was OK until today appeared the message "missing operating system", without even the boot screen appears the TC.

Immediately I pulled the HD and put it on another PC with the same version of TC installed, mounted the volume and everything was ok, all my files accessible.

Unfortunately, without any backup, I created a new recovery cd, put it on the PC, and did the following:

[Restore key data volume header], and Restore true crypt boot loader.

When I restore the volume header, appeared information that said that already had a valid header and if I really wanted to restore unfortunately I answered yes.

When I restore the Boot Loader, appeared an information saying if I wanted to modify the driver 0, unfortunately I said yes ...

Well .. The boot screen reappeared, but after I type the password information appears: "In portable partition found" when I try to mount from another PC, it mounts, but I can no longer access to my files, windows says this inaccessible and asks formatting (What I did not), the partition as this raw.

I have tried some solutions that I saw in the forum, but unfortunately some are not applicable to my problem, and some I did not really understand.

My operating system is windows 7 64bit.

I opened the drive with winhex physical, he showed that the total size is 1.000.097.185.792 bits, I rode in the TrueCrypt volume and it showed that the total size is 1.000.097.185.792 bits.

I apologize if some part of my text was confused, I am Brazilian and my English is very bad.

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.