Corrupted .TIB file - ATIH 11

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by FatManc, Mar 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FatManc

FatManc Registered Member

FIXED - Corrupted .TIB file - ATIH 11

Hi all,

This is my first post, so be kind!

Anyway, I have a bit of a strange problem...

I created a full partion backup using True Image Home 11. I have used this software dozens of time before without any issues. I always backup to an internal HDD.

I went to mount the image and at first all was fine. I then rebooted the PC and now it's saying the file is corrupted. I have done nothing to the file or PC!

I noticed that there were two extra files in the backup folder. The original file was called CONNER.TIB (which is around 50Gb) and now there are two much smaller files called CONNER2.TIB and CONNER3.TIB.

None of the files are usable.

If I try and double-click on the files then it asks me for a password. I have not set passwords for any of the backups.

Does anyone have any idea how to gain access to the original file as it contains lots of precious photos etc. It's frustrating as the file mounted perfectly at first.

Thanks in advance

John Livesey

Last edited: Mar 31, 2009
  2. Xpilot

Xpilot Registered Member

Before trying to find out the cause of the corruption I suggest that you run CHKDSK R on all your drives and partitions.
    The next step would be to make a new backup of your problem partition and validate it or, if practicable, restore it to space on another drive.

It is a fact that one a .tib is corrupt it is then useless. In some rare cases copying it to another drive may somehow revive it. By starting over with a fresh .tib image which works you would save a lot of probably useless investigation.

Xpilot

3. FatManc

Thanks for the reply xpilot.

I have already done a chkdsk /r and to no avail.

I am unable to do another backup as the machine has since been reformatted and a new version of XP installed. I've tried to recover the data off the newly formatted drive but it would appear that it's been over-written.

I just find it very strange that the file has become corrupted during a reboot. Would creating/using the BootCD be of any use?

Does anyone know that the extra files are ie CONNER2 and CONNER3? Would deleting them be of any use?

Thanks
    John

4. FatManc

Managed to fix this problem by deleting the two application generated CONNER2.TLB and CONNER3.TLB files and then trying to remount the original image file. All worked perfectly!

Not sure what these other files are but they certainly caused me a problem.

Cheers
    John

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.