Corrupted file (not the 859 issue)

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by dezrat1242, Jun 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dezrat1242

dezrat1242 Registered Member

I'm a new user of build 826, running WinXP Home SP2. When I use the "check image" function on an image file, it inevitably reports the file is corrupted. In the last 24 hours I've created a dozen images and every one is corrupted.

Actually, I suspect the files are ok and the message is incorrect. Mounting the file as a virtual disk, I can explore the files ok, can open them ok, etc, etc. I have not tried restoring the image yet, just in case it really IS corrupted.

Is anyone else having this problem?

--
    BT

2. PaulB2005

PaulB2005 Registered Member

What did you save the Image too? CD, DVD, Hard Drive?

3. dezrat1242

A second HD, internal.

--
    BT

4. SSK

SSK Registered Member

Is there a possibility to make an image to the first HD, just to check that there's no corruption during the write to the second HD?

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello dezrat1242,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please create the image to the first drive. Then please do the following in order to check out the integrity of the installation package:

- Download the checksum utility from www.acronis.com/files/support/md5sum.exe
    - Install and run the application and click on the ellipsis sign to browse and select the image file on the first drive;
    - Click the "Run" button in the application and save the MD5 checksum;
    - Then save this image on the second drive
    - Get the MD5 checksum for the same part of the image on the second drive and compare the figures obtained.

Please let us know the result.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

6. dezrat1242

I created an image on the C drive and checking it still says corrupted.
    Also, the link to the checksum file appears to be broken. I've tried it several times in the last day and no luck.

--
    BT

7. FORD99

FORD99 Registered Member

I get the same problem it is fine under windows but when i boot with the boot disk it alwasy comes up as being corrupted. I also have to turn off my USB card reader to even get the boot disk to boot up or it will just stall and nothing happens.

I thought Acronis was going to fix this problem, or atleast this is what you told me about 4/5 months ago as i am running two 80GB SATA drives on an ASUS P4P800 Deluxe MB on the intel controller and i am dumping my image to the IDE on a 80GB western digital drive. When is this thing going to work?

So far i have had to borrow my buddies copy of Nortons to make sure i have a valid working backup as my investment in Acronis doesnt work and i need the security of an working image file. Now i have had to except the fact that to get my boot disk to work i have to turn off my USB card reader and such, and as annoying as that is its ok but i need this product to work as advertised. I suspect if i was just running a simple drive on the IDE channel and dumping the image on the secondary channel of the IDE i wouldnt have this problem but lets face it, most systems today are of a RAID config and my board and setup are 3 years old, dont you think ACRONIS should have it figured out by now!!!!

ACRONIS, what are you willing to do to fix this problem?
    email me direct please!

Andy

8. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello dezrat1242,

First of all, let me excuse for the incorrect link to the MD5 calculator utility. The right link is http://www.acronis.com/files/support/xcsc.zip. However, I don't think the problem is connected with the writing process between two hard drives according to your description. Usually the problem of corrupted images is hardware-related and I would recommend that you check RAM modules for possible failures. The image creation is very sensitive to hardware and a single bit with error may spoil everything because we deal with checksums of sectors here and any mismatch leads to problems.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.