Corrupt Logical Partition.. HELP!

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by thevisigoth, Oct 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thevisigoth

thevisigoth Registered Member

Okay, so I was using PartitionMagic 8.5 to defrag my logical E:\, but suddenly the power went out. So, my E:\ has crashed. Initially, I wasn't able to access E:\ but I used Windows' ErrorChecking, and now at least I can access my E:\. The trouble is, over 10GB of data is missing. All the files are still there, but some of them now have 0byte file size...

Please help...
    theVisigoth

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

3. cortez

cortez Registered Member

Alexey:

I must commend you on recognizing and recommending a solution from one of your competitors (albeit, it is their problem it seems).

4. clambermatic

clambermatic Registered Member

t_Visigoth hi,

Try Gibson Research's "SpinRite" for initial recovery processes. When done thereafter, go 'Safemode' and use cmd-Run to enable "chkdsk X: /f /r" on your active primary partition!

SpinRite's url here ~ http://www.grc.com/intro.htm

NOTE: SpinRite's for initial 'recovery' process (SpinRite will auto-detect and request running 'Level-2' procedures. You also got options to select which partition as well). After SpinRite operation, when system bootup, switch immediately into safeMode and run 'chkdsk' with "/f /r" variables ON!! This is best-practice!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.