Corrupt Images using Windows version..

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by bobn9lvu, Sep 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bobn9lvu

bobn9lvu Registered Member

If I make a backup in windows, it always comes up as a corrupt image...
    Using the same version from the restore ISO/CD, the image is verified good by both the windows, and cd/Linux prgs of the same version...
    I have uninstalled/rebooted/re-installed the latest version with the same results.
    This is all done on my P4 2.8ghz 1G ram system with internal HDs, 2 ata and 1 sata, all drivers are loaded with no issues...
    XP Pro is fully updated, full registry optimation, with full HD defrag, and chkdisk with no errors..
    No errors on ramtest (memtest 86 latest build )..

I personally think it is an OS issue due to something being changed/applied during update...
    I would appreciate getting this fixed, as I normally make a backup every night...
    But now I have to do it manually.... A big pain in the behind :rolleyes:

Thanks Bob

PS; after 30 years plus background in Pc's and specializing in PC/Network support, this one has me stumped...o_O

2. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

Does both Windows and the Linux version show the Windows archive as corrupt?

What is the destination drive for the archive file?

Some thoughts in no particular order:

Does the XP Event Logger, System log or others show anything?

The validation mechanism is a checksum calculation on the archive file(s) contents with the resulting value compared to the stored value in the archive.

What is running when you make the archive in Windows? Home is not made to be used with some databases etc. I would disable everything that is loaded at startup other than the regular XP stuff - things like Goback, AV, FW, etc.

Can you run on 1 stick of RAM if you have more? Yes, I know memtest said it was OK but it isn't testing under the same conditions as everything running at once.

Trust you aren't overclocked or using aggressive memory timings.

SATA cables can cause intermittent failures. Mine showed up in the Event log as Parity and other errors. There was no indication that anything was wrong in regular operation of the machine.

3. Fredd

Fredd Registered Member

Join the "corrupt" club. It's not an OS fault, it's a TI fault (which presumably has Acronis stumped too, seeing they have failed to fix it in months or even years).

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello bobn9lvu,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

Could you please answer the question that seekforever asked?

Namely, is the archive file created under Windows using the latest build (3677) of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home validates as corrupted both under Windows and when you boot your computer from Acronis True Image Bootable CD create with the latest build?

Where is the image archive that validates as corrupted stored?

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Fredd,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

Could you please provide us with some more information about the issue you have experienced so we could help you to solve it or to provide you with a workaround?

- What is the exact name and build of the product that you use? You can find this information in the Help -> About dialog;

- Did you use Acronis True Image Bootable Rescue Media or did you use Acronis True Image in Windows?

- Where did you store the image archive?

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.