Corrupt images in ATI 9

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by mistycat, Nov 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mistycat

mistycat Registered Member

After months of ATI-9 (2337) working perfectly, suddenly, every backup I attempt to create is corrupt even though ATI says it was successfully created. This problem also occured after some time with v7 but was remedied here ( I forget what the fix was; it was a year ago), sometimes, and was the main reason to upgrade to v9, The only thing to change was going to IE7, WMP 11 and various MS updates. Restores of previously made backups work perfectly and I have no wish to try later versions as I heard they had speed issues or to upgrade to v10. Thanks

2. bVolk

bVolk Registered Member

mistycat,

You may have a memory issue, even if it never shows up when running other applications. Try running "Memtest86+" overnight - it should report zero errors.

3. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

Might as well check out the other half if memtest doesn't find anything.

Run chkdsk X: /r on every partition. Substitute the drive letter of the partition for X; a reboot for C will be necessary.

4. mistycat

Well, I sorta found an answer for now but not sure if it's just coincidence. I ran chkdsk and memtest for a couple of hours with nothing found ( I had run it previously, too). I also found my previous thread about ATI 7 which suggested updating all driver's but that didn't help at all and only for a short while with ATI 7. Leaving the File Name the default "MyBackup.tib has resulted in the last 2 backups not being corrupt and also dropping 50% in size to the proper size. No big deal to rename them later but weird. Thanks for the replies.

5. bVolk

bVolk Registered Member

Could have been invalid file names that you used on the files that turned out corrupted?

Did you rename files, especially inside incremental/differential sets?

Is there anything else that you did differently while creating those images?

6. mistycat

I never make incrementals and the corrupt backups were named exactly the same as the verefied backups except for the date. I have since restored back to an earlier image and made more images to see if I could. The only way they aren't corrupt is if I use "MyBackup.tib" or that and my own backup name included and either rename the file or delete out "My Backup.tib" leaving my file name. Like I said, weird.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.