Corrupt Image to NO MORE CORRUPT IMAGE

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Jack Walters, Apr 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jack Walters

Jack Walters Registered Member

Success - from corrupt images to no more corrupt images!

TI 8.0 directly to USB external DVD always produces corrupt images when I check image after the backup.

TI directly to hard drive and then from hard drive to DVD via NERO and then check image has produced a perfect backup everytime.

So NERO can write LARGE FILES to my external DVD perfectly and TI cannot. Why?

The file size cannot be changed from automatic for external/removeable drives but I can change the COMPRESSION level! I thought I would try this.

I changed the compression from Normal to NO COMPRESSION - ZERO!

The result on two different computers was a perfect backup when the check image was done. This was doing a TI image directly to my external USB DVD and then doing a check image on the DVD's burned. There was no intermediate step.
    On one of the computers I then did an immediate restore with the DIRECTLY burned DVD's and the restore was PERFECT!

I hope this works for some of you. It takes more DVD’s when you use NO COMPRESSION but it is so much nicer to just burn directly without having to image to the hard drive first and then use NERO to copy to the DVD’s(which always worked).

I would never trust an image unless I did a check image first!

2. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello Jack,

TI needs to use third party UDF packet writing software when imaging direct to DVD. In your case I guess it's Ahead's InCD. Packet writing is usually assumed to be less reliable than normal CD/DVD burning although, personally, I've never had a problem with it.

If not already done, do yourself a favour and download/install the latest build of InCD (4.3.11.1) from <nero.com (Update-Package 3)>. Apart from a whole shed load of bug fixes it also disables Windows' own drag-and-drop recording facility that can interfere with other recording software.

Regards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.