Corrupt Image; "Not the Last Created Volume"

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by hardatwork, Sep 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hardatwork

hardatwork Registered Member

I am, unfortunately, one of those soles who has NOT had a good experience so far with restoring saved images. Here is another case, with details. Hopefully someone can helpo_O?

Archive created with True Image Home 9.0.3677. Attempt to Mount Image from within Windows and get an error message indicating the file is Corrupted.

I then boot from the Acronis Rescue Disc, go to Recovery > Restore Data Wizard, and click on the .tib file. The program tells me that "This is not the last created volume of the backup archive. Please insert the last created volume to start working with this archive."

BUT, I have only created one archive, one time. This was a backup for a client's hard drive, which I had mounted internally and wrote the .tib file to my c: drive. ONCE. There is no other volume.

Now, of course, I need data from the .tib file, and I can't get at it.

Any help/suggestions/ideaso_O?

Thanks in advance,
    hardatwork

2. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

At build 3567 the engine was changed which resulted a change in the file format.

If you are using a version of the program or the rescue CD which is prior to build 3567 it cannot understand the tib file format.

The later version can read earlier versions of the tib files.

3. hardatwork

hardatwork Registered Member

Tried restoring from TI Home 9.0.3677. Didn't work. Any other thoughts?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.