'Corrupt' image in Acronis SZ using TI8

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by johnpaul456, Apr 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. johnpaul456

johnpaul456 Registered Member

I've just created a SZ & saved an image of my boot partition to it. The final message says 'Image Created Successfully' but when I use Check Image it says 'Image Corrupted'. Does anyone have a suggestion? Perhaps the image will be good enough to restore the partition when needed?
    Many thanks
    John

2. Chutsman

Chutsman Registered Member

The official response will include downloading the latest trial version. But if the build number of that TI8 is 937, you shouldn't be getting that message.

Don't count on the Image being good to Restore until you actually do it.

My suggestion would be to get a second hard drive and actually do the Restore to it - not to your present C drive.

3. macnuthi

macnuthi Registered Member

Hi, I also have Verification errors. I just installed the latest Build of TI9 3567. Backup to a USB2 HD works OK, but Verify (auto after backup or manual) Always pops up "Error, Archive is Corrupted". I stoped Spybot 1.3 and McAfee 10.0.27 and rebooted, but still the same error.

I have a USB Mouse & Printer attached in addition to the WD USB hard drive, with XP Home SP2 and all updates.

Thanks

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello johnpaul456,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

First of all, please make sure that you use the latest build (937) of Acronis True Image 8.0 which is available at: http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/support/updates/

You can find the full version name and build number by going to Help -> About... menu in the main program window.

To get access to updates you should create an account at:
    http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/my/
    then log in and use your serial number to register your software.

Note that you should create new Bootable Rescue CD after installing the update.

If the problem still persists with the latest build (937) of Acronis True Image 8.0 then please provide us with the following information:

- Let us know if images placed in Acronis Secure Zone verify as corrupted both when the latest build (937) of Acronis True Image 8.0 is running from under Windows and when your computer is booted from Bootable Rescue CD created using the latest build (937) of Acronis True Image 8.0;

- Try creating new images saving them to any location(s) other than Acronis Secure Zone, i.e. other internal, external or network drive(s). Verify these images both when the latest build (937) of Acronis True Image 8.0 is running from under Windows and when your computer is booted from Bootable Rescue CD created using the latest build (937) of Acronis True Image 8.0 and inform us about the result;

- Try moving\copying large files, e.g. disk\partition images themselves, between the hard drives and comparing their checksums calculated using eXpress CheckSum Calculator before and after the files were moved\copied. Inform us about the results;

- Perform a memory test using the memtest86+ utility and inform us about the result;

- What operating system do you use?

- Download and install the free trial version of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home and see if the problem still persists. Let us know the result;

- Describe actions taken before the problem appears step-by-step.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Last edited: Apr 24, 2006
  5. Acronis Support

Hello macnuthi,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Could you please provide us with the following information?

- Let us know if images placed on your external USB 2.0 hard drive verify as corrupted both when the latest build (3567) of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home is running from under Windows and when your computer is booted from Bootable Rescue CD created using the latest build (3567) of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home;

- What are the exact vendor and model of your external USB 2.0 hard drive?

- Try saving images to any location(s) other than your external hard drive, i.e. internal or networked drive(s). Verify these images both when the latest build (3567) of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home is running from under Windows and when your computer is booted from Bootable Rescue CD created using the latest build (3567) of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home and inform us about the result;

- Try moving\copying large files, e.g. disk\partition images themselves, between the hard drives and comparing their checksums calculated using eXpress CheckSum Calculator before and after the files were moved\copied. Inform us about the results;

- Perform a memory test using the memtest86+ utility and inform us about the result;

- Describe actions taken before the problem appears step-by-step.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

6. macnuthi

macnuthi Registered Member

Hi Alex,

Thanks for the info. I was premature in contacting Acronis about the problem. I tried to copy a 5GB folder full of files and it fails as well. The external drive is a WDXUL2500BBNN USB2 250 GB hrad drive. I have been working on the proble for a few days now, and it seems that it is either the USB Driver/BIOS/Hardware or something in the BIOS Setup or possibly a bad drive.

FYI: The transfer to the USB Hard Drive (NTFS format) randomly stops at anywhere between 2-5 GB or about 2-15 min. SInce this makes an incoplete file, the checksum and file is correctly reported by TI8.

Consider the issue with Acronis settled until I fix The large file transfer to the drive problem.

Thanks again for your response.

Macnuthi

7. johnpaul456

johnpaul456 Registered Member

Dear Alexey Popov

Thanks for info. I burnt the same image to removable DVD's while Windows was running normally and the 'Check Image' came back as 'Verified'. So, it looks as if I will be able to restore the image when necessary from DVD's. But, I still don't understand why the same image in SZ is 'Corrupt'?

Many thanks

John

8. Acronis Support

Hello John,

Please perform all the tests suggested by Alexey and let us know the results. Please note that we need the results of all the tests in order to identify the reason of the problem.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.