corrupt files

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Milesch, Jan 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Milesch

Milesch Registered Member

Using TI 7.0, build 638 on WinXP-SP1, and images are on an external WD 80GB drive, 7200 SB2. All images are verified.

A recent image of C drive, 1-2-05.tif is indicated as corrupt when attempt restore. A second image 1-1-05.tif does not open a window showing it as corrupt; however, when it it is over half through running, the window opens reading that is corrupt. Hence I've lost C drive necessitating PowerQuest to repartition, then reinstall windows & TI, then install the image of 1-9-05.tif. Wasted an entire day.

Plus the 1-9-05 image has problems which causes Win to freeze. Tried going back to another image in early December and it was also corrupt. One that works is from August (and perhaps earlier - haven't tried them). This will necessitate days to reinstall all programs and setups.

Have read of several others in this forum with corruption difficulties, but none indicate that it partially , then stops, wiping out C.

Possible causes of the drive becoming corrupted is the use of Norton Disk Doctor and Speed Disk. Another is that attempted to make an image and half way through it found there was insufficient space. I have never had any of these three items cause file corruption and must attribute it to TI, unless it is due to the hard disk, but it is only six months old and was fine for six months and still contains some valid images.

Therefore, must immediately switch to another imaging program to test. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Miles

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Milesch,

Thank you for choosing Acronis True Image (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/).

Please accept our apologies for your inconvenience.

Please note that when you restore the image you may choose to verify them before the restoration. Also you may verify the image under Windows using "Check image" tool.

As regards your case, could you please send a letter with te reference to this thread to support@acronis.com. Our Support Team will help to solve the problem. If you don't get a response in 48 hours please write a private message to me with your Acronis request number that will be sent to you in autoreply.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

3. Milesch

Milesch Registered Member

All images have been verified. And yes, thanks, I have emailed support and have a reply. A few more things I must do to complete my reply.

Miles

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Miles,

Glad to help you any time. If you encounter further problems please write either on this forum or to support@acronis.com.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.