Corrupt Files

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by 39eagle, Feb 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 39eagle

39eagle Registered Member

When I had a problem with my system I tried to restore the files using the backup.

A large number of the files were corrupt. You cannot delete a corrupt file and my only choice was to format both hard drives and reinstall all the programs.

My opinion of this product is to save your money and find a backup utility that works. You have 30 days in which to request a refund and of course that period had expired when I needed to restore the programs.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello 39eagle,

Thank you for taking the time to contact us.

Please submit a request for technical support. Attach the information about your purchase of Acronis software (order number, e-mail, where did you purchase our product, etc.) to your request along with the link to this thread.

Please describe the issue in more details in your request. I hope that we will be able to find a solution for you. We will certainly do our best in order to resolve the problem.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

3. 39eagle

39eagle Registered Member

It is too late for help now. I read all I could about corrupt files on this site and found no help. I did notice that there were a large number of other people who had the same problem that I did. There were no answers.

I had to reformat both drives in order to get rid of the corrupt files and in the process lost a lot of information. I have since gone on to another program for saving files.

4. noonie

noonie Registered Member

Sorry for your loss.

I use more than 1 backup solution, but no matter which you use, I have always suggested to test the proceedure completely, even if it means buying extra hard drives to do so.
    It took me to loose some data the first time too.

5. timthrasher

timthrasher Registered Member

:rolleyes: I have had this issue with corrupt images until today after reading some of the posts here. I worked with TI 7 to do my first backup and restore without problems months ago. I then purchased TI 9 and tried using it about a month ago to replace a 20gig laptop drive with a 30 gig. For the past month I have fought with 'messages' about corrupt image files, even if the image verifies ok after a backup. If I later tried to verify the image TI said it was corrupt.
    Anyway, I remembered that when I was using TI 7 I had a memory simm from my son's computer in my computer and the SDRAM speed was at 266. Since then I put my son's ram back and put my memory back in. I set the SDRAM speed to 'Auto' which was 400 speed. Every time I tried using TI 9 the backups appeared to work correctly but every time I checked the archive it was corrupt.
    I decided to change my SDRAM speed back to 266 today and recheck an image that had been reported as corrupt before. It worked!
    I then was able to use the archive and restore it to my 30gig drive. Could it be that TI has problems with memory speeds of 400?
    So, I would try to lower your memory speed to see if that helps.
    Just a though.

timthrasher

6. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

It would be enlightening to use free Memtest86+,www.memtest.org (not obsolete Memtest86 (no plus)), to check your memory at the 400 speed and see if it gives any errors. If so, then repeat at the slower speed.

There have been various posts indicating that TI really does give the hardware a very good workout and errors appear seemingly out of nowhere.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.