Corrupt files/chkdsk errors on mounted images (merged)

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Caranthir, Jun 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thanks Mark, I am in the process of doing that right now. I uninstalled from control panel and reinstalled 826 and am doing a new full backup. I will let you know if it works later tonight.

2. Kindahappy

Kindahappy Guest

Good news! Reinstalling and reimaging seemed to do the trick. I am now running build 826 and am able to explore the image and everything looks intact!

3. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

I too found that I needed to uninstall Build 859 before installing Build 826, otherwise the mounter module wouldn't roll back.

Regards

4. Bystander

Bystander Guest

How was this problem diagnosed?

5. beenthereb4

beenthereb4 Registered Member

Actually, I did the diagnosis in response to panic in this thread:

Corrupted files in Image

6. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

I'm glad to see that the Exploring image problem with Build 859 is well documented (at least for Windows XP SP2). I was demonstrating TI last week using Build 859, and the failure of the Explore Image was rather embarassing. It's hard to sell people on a backup product that fails during the demo. I tried to gloss over it, but what a stupid error to release. You'd think a competant development team would test the product on Windows XP SP2. I mean if not that then what? Stupid, stupid, stupid.

Acronis you need to fire the ass who runs your quality control and hire a monkey. No one will listen to the monkey, but that will be better than what you have. (End of rant. I feel better now.)

After the class, I found I could Explore the image made with Build 859 using a Build 800 installation of TI. I was also able to successfully restore an image made with Build 859 using Build 859, so the image itself was valid.

7. Pablo Pablovski

Pablo Pablovski Registered Member

So, err, how much longer do we have to wait for a fix? :doubt: I make it around 3 weeks since this started to become evident - surely long enough?

I got caught in the whole Valve / Steam / Half Life2 sound stuttering problem late last year, and the silence from Acronis is just a little too familiar... Or maybe I'm too twitchy - I only bought my Maxtor OneTouch II a few weeks ago after my first hard disk failure in over 15 years, and only bought T18 after finding that the backup s/w that came with it wasn't working properly. Don't need no more investment, guys!

8. TonioRoffo

TonioRoffo Registered Member

The enterprise editions are fixed, I'm wondering why the other builds aren't fixed yet...

9. edrubins

edrubins Registered Member

I just purchased / installed ATI 8.0, build 859, on an older HP Pavilion with W2K Pro installed. After backing up the hard drive, I wiped the machine clean and re-installed W2K Pro, resinstalled ATI 8.0 and applied all of the Microsoft updates. I did periodic backups during this. All backup images were made to a Samba share on a Linux box. I was able to mount all of the images and browse all the files, including several graphic formats, without a problem. In fact I was able to drag 'n drop a MS Word mail merge document and it's data base rfom the first image to the local C: drive and open them with no problems. Way cool stuff, as my young friends would say.
    Based on what's been said in this thread, what did I do wrong? :cool:

10. beenthereb4

beenthereb4 Registered Member

The problems do not affect Windows 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.