Corrupt CD Image?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by blar2596, Jan 31, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blar2596

blar2596 Registered Member

Hello all

I know this is discussed on many threads but I can't find my particular problem. It seems that one of my 10 cd image is corrupted. I can restore the whole thing but it fails on CD9. Is there a way to get any of the data off of these cd's? The original machine this image came from is already imaged w/ another machine so the only copy of those files are on these cd's.

Thanks.

Brian

2. h2ouup2

h2ouup2 Registered Member

You can still mount the image and read the files, you just can't restore from it.

3. TDCAC

TDCAC Guest

i have the same issue with a client they have backed up their data 12 months ago onto cd one of the cds in the collection is damaged and they need to access files from these cds.

Is it possible to explore each image file to see if the files required are on that disc. allowing us to at least recover some of the files.

By trying to explore the emage at the moment you get to the damaged disc and the mounting process fails and closes.

Any help would be appreciated

4. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello TDCAC,

In order to mount/explore an image that has been spanned across two or more CDs/DVDs you will need to copy all the individual .tib files into a separate folder or partition on your HD first.

Regards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.