corrupt archive

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by RPLasoc, Dec 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RPLasoc

RPLasoc Registered Member

I am using TI 8.0 . Yesterday my image file was accessable. Today it is not. I am receiving a message that it is a corrupt archive. Is there any way to restore /repairthe archive or is it lost forever. It was my only one. Thanks in advance.

2. TheQuest

TheQuest Registered Member

Hi, RPLasoc

Welcome to Wilders and Acronis Forums.

If it is really corrupt, the answer is Yes.

Have you tried booting from your Ti BootCD and check the Image with to see what it as to say about it.

Take Care,
    TheQuest :cool:

3. RPLasoc

RPLasoc Registered Member

I tfom the CD and it still says it is corrupt. What i was wondering is if there is any way I can get to the file level to recover some of the files?

4. TheQuest

TheQuest Registered Member

Hi, RPLasoc

Unless you can get Ti to mount it, I can not see how you can explor it to recover the files.

Take Care,
    TheQuest :cool:

5. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello RPLlasoc,

Might be worth your while downloading and running <Memtest86+> for an hour or two. There should be zero errors reported. If not, isolate the faulty RAM module and change it for a serviceable one. Just make sure your motherboard BIOS is set to use the default optimised memory timing.

If Memtest86+ gave a clean bill of health, it's also worth trying to throttle-down your CPU by reducing the speed of the frontside bus e.g. 133Mhz to 100Mhz.

Regards

6. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello RPLasoc,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Could you please download the trial version of Acronis True Image 9.0 and try to restore your image archive with it?

Please let me know the results.

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.