CORRUPT ARCHIVE DETECTED DURING RECOVERY

Discussion in 'polls' started by kingleka, Oct 1, 2005.

?

Preferred software for highest comfort level during DISASTER RECOVERY

Poll closed Oct 8, 2005.
  1. Acronis TI 9

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Acronis TI 8

60.0%
  3. Ghost 9.0

20.0%
  4. There is no comfort when it comes to Disaster Recovery

20.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kingleka

kingleka Registered Member

1. Downloaded Trial Version this morning.

2. Created an image of my partition and stored it on an external drive.

3. Created RESCUE BOOT CD

4. Booted system using RESCUE CD. Program loaded fine. Tried to recover a few files from the Image. Image was browseable, and I had no trouble initiating the recovery process. I checked the box asking me whether I wanted to CHECK THE ARCHIVE FOR ERRORS

5. Estimated time for the process of verification plus recovery of a 1mb file was a whopping 1 hour and 32 minutes. After 15 minutes, i got
    ERROR 00070020 --- Corrupt Archive

6. Tried to run Archive Check from the RECOVERY SCREEN. Did not allow me to quoting that I had a TRIAL VERSION and the process was not allowed.

7. Restarted and booted to WINDOWS. Ran ARCHIVE CHECK and the process lasted only 15 minutes (how come in RECOVERY MODE it takes 6 times more to do that) and my ARCHIVE TESTED AS PERFECT.

IS IT CORRUPT OR NOT? WHAT IS GOING ON? I am not comfortable buying this product. Are these problems occurring with the version 8.0 as well? This is truly problematic. This morning I thought I had a winner, after the DRIVE IMAGE 2002 DEBACLE, but tonight I am feeling this is yet another lemon. UNRELIABILITY AND DISASTER RECOVERY are a very very DANGEROUS MATCH.

Any feedback about why my IMAGE is deemed as corrupt during RECOVERY and PERFECT through ARCHIVE CHECK?

Very frustrating indeedo_O?

Should i purchase VERSION 8.0?

Suggestions please.

Tim

2. crofttk

crofttk Registered Member

What about Ghost 10 ? -- as of 9/23/05

3. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

i currently use ATI 8 and i like it very much, however, ill wait on version 9 as it has a free issues and bugs that need working out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.