Corporate alternative to NOD? - NOD errors Outlook 2k

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by sasiki, Apr 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sasiki

sasiki Registered Member

Most of my users are still using Outlook 2000. Sad, but true. With NOD32, right clicking on an e-mail, click View Attatchment, and then clicking the attatchment, brings up an illegal operation in module unknown. This happens even with NOD disabled. I'm not sure how many users actually go through these steps to look at attatchments, but if one does it, i'm sure others do.

What are some other good corporate antivirus alternatives? Right now I'm using Trend Micro's corporate suite.

2. Sjoeii

Sjoeii Registered Member

Why not try :
    * Symantec Corporate
    * Sophos
    * Kaspersky

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

It doesn't happen here and we have not received any reports of such an issue. Perhaps you could post your query in the NOD32 forum here: https://www.wilderssecurity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16

Also you could try uninstalling NOD32 to see if the problem goes away or not, or install ESS beta to see if it helps.

4. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

McAfee Enterprise, it simply rocks ;)

5. Zombini

Zombini Registered Member

NOD32 errors on Outlook 2007 too when its connecting to Microsoft Exchange. Very annoying I uninstalled it. Dont these guys test their products.

6. sasiki

sasiki Registered Member

I will post the problem in the NOD forum.. When I uninstall NOD, the problem does go away. From what I saw, the ESS software is not an enterprise level software yet.. ie no admin server, etc.

I'd like to use NOD, so maybe the Outlook problem is a quick fix. It happened on both computers I tried it on with Outlook 2k.

7. Capp

Capp Registered Member

Well before you start trashing a companies reputation and questioning their methods, you might want to do a little research.

I have never once had a customer have errors with Outlook or any other mail program. I've never even seen NOD32 crash. Most errors I have ever encountered were because of another program installed on the system or because another AV was removed and wasn't fully cleaned up causing problems.

So, to answer your question.....Yes they do test their products. If you'll notice in the other forum, they even release Beta versions for the customers to provide feedback, so if you have something usefull to contribute to make the product better, do so.

8. noons

noons Registered Member

*SHUDDER* v8 was okay the new 8.5 is a complete disaster. Between the cpu, memory spikes and the sub-par detection.

9. Capp

Capp Registered Member

I agree with that. I just got back from a training class last week, which the company was running McAfee Enterprise edition. The laptop I was using in the lab had report this:

Infections Found: 1187
    Infections Cleaned: 0
    Infections Deleted: 0

I saw similar to that on multiple workstations. I even checked their configurations and they had it set to max protection.

How sad is that? I gave them a business card and a quote to move over to NOD32 :D:cool:

10. ASpace

ASpace Guest

NOD32 no errors on Outlook 2007 / whole MS Office 2007 . Why doesn't Zombini stop trolling ?

11. ASpace

ASpace Guest

ESET Smart Security (ESS) is still the very first public BETA of the next generation products (NOD32 v3 and ESET Smart Security) . Because of the fact they are in BETA some feautures are not still added . I am sure Marcos suggest you install it just to see if there is a difference between NOD32 v.2 or the new generation v.3 so that they understand easier where the problem comes from .

Note that when you have problems , any kind of problem related to NOD32/ESET products , contact the ESET Technical Support for more help
    USA: http://www.eset.com/support
    Europe: http://www.eset.eu/support
    Other : http://www.eset.com/partners/worldwide.php

12. lodore

lodore Registered Member

any idea if students can get it from there college's in the uk?
    my college use mcaffee enterprize and i would love to test it upstairs
    lodore

13. flyrfan111

flyrfan111 Registered Member

F-Prot has a Corporate version.

14. ashishtx

ashishtx Registered Member

Our school gives us mcafee antivirus enterprise version for free to all its students. I think it has more granular control than any other av. It can also almost act as outbound firewal but one needs to get used to its console. I would also say that it has slight edge over symantec antivirus. We are soon going to see a new symantec client security version in this summer with vista comptablity.

Lodore, you can check your school's website to see if they have any such facility.

15. lodore

lodore Registered Member

thanks
    i will check that out
    i cant seem to find any on my college's website
    http://www.cornwall.ac.uk/cc/index.php?page=_Home
    lodore

16. YeOldeStonecat

YeOldeStonecat Registered Member

Along the Shorelines somewhere in New England
    I have quite a few clients on this setup...zero errors. It does work, I'm sure they tested it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.