Coreforce

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by Ptah, Apr 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ptah

Ptah Registered Member

I looking for opions on Coreforce and what other software are you using with?

Thanks,

Ptah

2. TNT

TNT Registered Member

I use it with Process Guard Full, Deep Freeze, BOClean, SnoopFree Privacy Shield, Sandboxie (all kernel level software, like Core Force) and I have no problem at all; others have had a few problems, though (although with earlier versions). Be aware that is is a beta.

It is a great software, but it takes some time to configure correctly.

3. Ptah

Ptah Registered Member

What program or programs does Coreforce replace for you?

4. TNT

TNT Registered Member

It's a Firewall/Intrusion Prevention System with VERY configurable rules (you can define permissions at file level, registry level and network level for a program and the system, i.e. you can define that a program can execute another but not some others, write or read only from some folders or registry entries, sections, you can, say, define that executables or dlls on the system cannot be changed at all, etc). I suggest you look at the documentation, it's a good start.

5. Ptah

Ptah Registered Member

Do think it would be a good partner along side of Nod or should Nod users just wait for the suite?

6. TNT

TNT Registered Member

It depends on whether you wanna spend some time learning how to configure it... It's definitely not an "install and forget" software at all, but for protection (IMHO) it has VERY few rivals. :) But it's certainly not "alternative" not NOD or any other antivirus, it's complementary to it. :)

7. Ptah

Ptah Registered Member

Forgive all the questions but it seems its setup is like a firewall meaning when one ur programs tries to dial out u will have the option to say yes, no or allow it full access. I want to support the opensource program but am alittle sketchy on beta programs. How far r they away from an offical realease?

8. TNT

TNT Registered Member

Nope, it's much, much more than a personal firewall.

I don't know. You can ask in their forum. ;)

9. Ptah

Ptah Registered Member

Thank you, TNT for your comments. I look forward to hearing from other users as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.