CoreForce beta

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by screamer, Dec 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. screamer

screamer Registered Member

I bought a Dell Mini and I've settled on my security apps except the FW. Anyone tried Coreforce. I've never heard of it before so I'm just wonderin'?

This lappy will be traveling w/ me in the car in use as a gps and all around notebook, type computer.

...screamer

2. simmikie

simmikie Registered Member

when tackling Coreforce (last version i am aware of .95 beta) one should bring to the table plenty of 2 things: <1> time, <2> and patience.

if mastered one should have a very stout firewall and IDS protection. in my opinion though, there are plenty of stout alternatives, which do not require the time investment of Coreforce....but if you like to tinker....

Mike

3. screamer

screamer Registered Member

hmmm, not really sure if I want to invest the time. Maybe I'll stick w/ Outpost or Windows FW. Thanks for the heads up :)

...screamer[/I]

4. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

That might be wise... CoreForce development has more or less ceased I think, or it had last I heard. It was being worked on many years ago. I tried it then, it was interesting, but had some bugs and issues. I think it falls into the category of software with potential that was never finished....

5. blacknight

blacknight Registered Member

Last version of Core Force was released an year ago. When it came out for the first time it was a new, a kind of IDS/HIPS, but as already said it needs a lot of time and patience to set, his gui is confusing. And now there are many HIPS very powerfully and easier to configure.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.