cordless mouse charging problem

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by mistycat, Mar 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mistycat

mistycat Registered Member

For about 14 months, I have been using a Logitech Mx700 and it seemed to function fine. About 2 months ago, I connected 2 pc's via a KVM and ,at times, the cursor is frozen on the screen for 1 pc but not the other. 1 pc always works and it's happened with both. I believe it's related to a low charge with the mouse and which pc is booted first. Placing the mouse in the recharging stand always shows a solid green light indicating a full charge but removing and replacing the batteries causes the light to flash, indicating the mouse is charging. After about 1 hour, the light becomes solid, again showing a full charge, but it's not. Removing and replacing the batteries again causes the light to flash for about 1 hour and repeating this seems to be the only way to keep the mouse charged to use both pc's. I have replaced the batteries and KVM and cleaned the contacts on the mouse, charger and even the batteries. No change. I am not sure when this began as the mouse has never been fully discharged and must charge somewhat as it always worked {still does for 1 pc at a time} and I never paid attention to it. Any ideas whats happening or is it shot? Thanks for any help and sorry for the long post.

2. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

Have you actually replaced the batteries with new ones or are you just removing and replacing the original batteries. My son has a mouse like that and the original rechargable batteries didn't last very long they would show a full charge but on a voltage meter they were only about half charged. A new set of recargeables fixed it right up. You might want check the voltage of the charger to make sure that it is actually charging them all of the way up.

bigc

3. mistycat

The original batteries still work but I replaced them with new ones anyway. Both sets do the same. I will check the charger voltage. Thanks for the reply.

4. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Have you downloaded the latest software (mouseware) for the mouse from Logitech?

I have seen many issues related to the software that comes standard with mouse, updating resolved all issues to date.

Cheers :D

Last edited: Mar 21, 2005
  5. mistycat

I'll try updating as well. Thanks Don''t know how that 2nd message of mine appeared 1/2 hour later. Must have done it but don't know how.

6. Blackspear

All fixed.

7. mistycat

I have updated and all is well right now but the problem sometimes takes days to appear and I still plan to check the voltage. Will let you know either way. Thanks for the help.

8. mistycat

Well, that didn't take long; the frozen cursor is back on 1 pc, the other works fine. It appears as though the mouse only accepts a partial charge and will only function on 1 pc even though it says it is fully charged. Thanks again

9. Blackspear

Is it still under warranty, from memory they had a 5yr or lifetime warranty.

10. mistycat

I never thought of a warranty. Thanks, I'll check it out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.