Copyright Questions before I Host a Site

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Brandonn2010, Jul 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brandonn2010

Brandonn2010 Registered Member

I have this website made but not online, because I can't afford to host a website. I found webs.com and am going to host it on that, but I need to know if I will be violating any copyright laws first.

The site is an informative site intended for family and friends. Here is my description from my site, "This site is intended to provide you with some basic computer knowledge, especially regarding security. This site will help you understand the different kinds of malware, how to prevent infections, and how to remove infections. It will also help you understand the security programs available, and help you choose security programs from what I consider the best ones out there. Lastly, there are some resources on maintaining your computer, understanding the different parts of a computer, and there are some links to some helpful sites."

The thing I might have a problem with is that I mention security programs like Avast! on it, and have pictures of them, taken from Softpedia (although they have Softpedia watermarks.) Is anything like that breaking any laws? If so I'll just not host it.

Thanks

EDIT: Attached is an example screenshot of a page. Sorry about the quality; I really had to chop it up to make it less than 300KB.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 25, 2011
  2. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

3. Brandonn2010

Brandonn2010 Registered Member

Darn. I had a feeling that was probably the case.

4. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

Brandonn2010, best to be aware of it now, than later.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.