Copying from one computer to second computer

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by sarutaro, Oct 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sarutaro

sarutaro Registered Member

I posted a similar thread but I would like to repeat here again.

After creating a tib file for folder/files (only data) from D-drive, is it possible to copy those to onto D-drive of a second computer? If not, how about with a complete image of D-drive? The reason is to use ATI as a data backup purpose. Sarutaro

2. Chutsman

Chutsman Registered Member

Re: Copying form one computer to second computer

I don't see why not ... after all it is only data files. Have you tried it?

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello sarutaro,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please note thet after the image is created it is an ordinary file and can be stored anywhere, on any file system. If you have any problems to copy the image file please contact us.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

4. sarutaro

As posted under other thread, I tried to backup a few folders (ca. 4.8 GB as tib). It did not work. My guess is that the second computer probably did not recognize the tib created from the 1st computer because of the different hardware/drivers from 1st computer. I would like to hear from the moderator. sarutaro

5. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello sarutaro,

Not sure what you are trying to do. Are you in fact restoring an image of computer 1 to a hard drive on computer 2 and expecting computer 2 to boot from that restored image? Please clarify.

Regards

6. sarutaro

Hi,
    My answer is yes or no. Here is what:

>Are you in fact restoring an image of computer 1 to a hard drive on >computer 2

That is correct but restore/copy only data (not partition) from D-drive of Computer 1 to D-drive of Computer 2. Both computers have C (main) and D (Slave) hard disk drives.

>to boot from that restored image? Please clarify.

No. I do not intend to boot from D-drive. I simply want to restore/copy the data from Computer 1 to Computer 2 (as a backup). But so far, I could not make it.

It seems that I cannot make it because two different computers have different ID/drivers/differnt XP license #, etc.

sarutaro

7. Chutsman

Chutsman Registered Member

I think you are "using a steam roller to crush a peanut". In other words why use TI to do this when you can simply copy the data files on to removable media and then put them on the second computer. Or just burn the data files to a CD. Or if the two computers are relatively near to each other, use a crossover network cable to move the data.

8. sarutaro

You're absolutely right but I am exploring a possibility of doing that. Since TI has a capacity of high compression, backup could be done with less numbers of DVD disks. That means cutting time too. What do you think? Sarutaro

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.