Copy SSD to SSD

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by brucekn, Sep 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brucekn

brucekn Registered Member

I currently have a previously installed 128GB SSD that I (foolishly!) partitioned into C: and D: on my PC. (I also have various other HDD’s on my system as well). C: has Windows 8/64-bit on it (with a multiboot to Windows 7/64 on one of the other HDD’s), and D: has a flight simulator, FSX. As expected, space is getting short on both C: and D:, especially D:.

I have bought another (yet to be installed) 500 GB SSD. Once I have that installed, I would like to:

1. Clone D: onto the new SSD.
    2. Temporarily rename D: temporarily to a new yet-unused driver letter.(I assume I can do this in Disk management)
    3. Assign the new SSD to D:. At this point I would expect that FSX would work fine as if it did on the original D:, am I correct? This partition would not be bootable. Once again I think I am using Disk management within Win8.
    4. Once I know that everything is working, delete the partition in 2. Above.
    5. Assign all of the old (current) SSD to C:

So, I would have Windows 8 on C:, which would occupy all of the space on the old current SSD, functioning with the multi-boot to Win 7. And FSX (cloned from an SSD to another SSD) would be occupying all of the space on the new SSD, assigned to D:, and performing just the same as the D: partition is now on the old existing SSD.

Would your software work for this purpose? If so, which of your s/w products should I get?

Thanks, Bruce.

2. fireworker

fireworker Registered Member

3. brucekn

brucekn Registered Member

Thanks for the reply, sounds like this operation is easier than I expected :)

Bruce.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.