copy & paste from browser

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by layman, Sep 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. layman

layman Registered Member

I'm in the process of transitioning our machines from NOD32 to WSA. One thing I've encountered may be due to WSA's sandboxing of the browser. I use GnuCash for our accounting and sometimes copy/paste confirmation numbers (and the like) into GnuCash when I set up transactions online. Since installing WSA, I have been unable to paste from the browser into GnuCash, even though I've placed it in 'allow' status. Notepad, however, is not similarly restricted, and I can paste into it normally. This is proving to be something of an aggravation. Is there any way to circumvent this blocking?

TIA

2. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

Could you send me a scan log to my username at gmail.com? I'll take a look from there.

Thanks!

3. Techfox1976

Techfox1976 Registered Member

This has annoyed me since the original beta. :(

For immediate temporary restoration, turn off the ID shield or set the browsers to Allow in it.

4. PrevxHelp

Thanks for the log - our Threat Research team will be whitelisting GnuCash but I've added generic support for it moving forward with the 2014 product.

However, manually marking it as "Allow" under the Identity Shield settings should allow it to access clipboard data - could you try doing this again, then shutting down WSA, then rebooting your PC to see if that fixes it?

Thanks, and let me know if you run into anything else!

5. layman

layman Registered Member

It turns out that GnuCash was listed under Protected Applications as 'Deny'. Changing the setting to 'Protect' solved the problem (and would seem to be the appropriate setting, anyway.)

Thanks for your help.

6. Techfox1976

Techfox1976 Registered Member

Protect is for browsers and such. Other things that are not browsers should normally be "Allow". o_O

7. PrevxHelp

You can list other applications (non-browsers) under Protect as well, and especially for a financial application, it would provide some extra protection when dealing with data directly. There is the possibility of an incompatibility with some applications but in general, it should work fine (famous last words :))

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.