Copy C drive to NEW Solid State Drive --- HELP PLEASE

Discussion in 'Paragon Partition Manager Product Line' started by beamik, Dec 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. beamik

beamik Registered Member

Hello, I am using Paragon v 10.0 I have a 1 TB WD drive that is my current OS drive. I am trying to copy / migrate to the new SSD 80 gig drive.

When I go through the "Copy Hard Disk..." wizard, everything works well until I get the the point where I click the "Check" Icon. The system tells me it needs to reboot to complete the operation, I click YES. When the system reboots it comes to a screen that says "Loading boot sector... booting..."

And the system HANGS...

The disk copy operation never happens...

Is this some error in the program - or is it my bioso_O Or What...

Why can't I copy my C disko_O

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike

2. MacPro_Windows7

MacPro_Windows7 Registered Member

I just did this iusing 2011, worth the upgrade. Took longer to uninistall old versions and products and install 2011.

Hard Disk Manager 2011 Suite:

NEW > Move any Windows OS since XP from a regular hard disk to a fast SSD even of a smaller capacity.

http://www.paragon-software.com/home/hdm-personal/

I was coming from 150GB (WD 10K VR) that was using 65GB in total, I cleaned out temp files, restore points, as the SSD is 83.6GB after formatting.

The progress seemed to be stuck or showing 1.xx (minutes? hours?) but actually took more like 10-15 minutes. Then told me to reset the BIOS boot manager when done (I also pulled the old boot drive, and put the SSD on same SATA #0 port ID).

Highly recommend.

3. buser

buser Registered Member

With Hard Disk Manager 2011 prof, I moved from a 120GB SATA HDD to 128GB SATA SSD of C-drive and it worked no problem.

Now I did have driver issues after booting into windows but thats because I needed to update the drivers from old drive to SSD drivers. That's more of a windows issue.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.