Copy C drive to NEW Solid State Drive --- HELP PLEASE

Discussion in 'Paragon Partition Manager Product Line' started by beamik, Dec 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. beamik

beamik Registered Member

Hello, I am using Paragon v 10.0 I have a 1 TB WD drive that is my current OS drive. I am trying to copy / migrate to the new SSD 80 gig drive.

When I go through the "Copy Hard Disk..." wizard, everything works well until I get the the point where I click the "Check" Icon. The system tells me it needs to reboot to complete the operation, I click YES. When the system reboots it comes to a screen that says "Loading boot sector... booting..."

And the system HANGS...

The disk copy operation never happens...

Is this some error in the program - or is it my bioso_O Or What...

Why can't I copy my C disko_O

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike
  2. MacPro_Windows7

MacPro_Windows7 Registered Member

I just did this iusing 2011, worth the upgrade. Took longer to uninistall old versions and products and install 2011.

Hard Disk Manager 2011 Suite:

NEW > Move any Windows OS since XP from a regular hard disk to a fast SSD even of a smaller capacity.

http://www.paragon-software.com/home/hdm-personal/

I was coming from 150GB (WD 10K VR) that was using 65GB in total, I cleaned out temp files, restore points, as the SSD is 83.6GB after formatting.

The progress seemed to be stuck or showing 1.xx (minutes? hours?) but actually took more like 10-15 minutes. Then told me to reset the BIOS boot manager when done (I also pulled the old boot drive, and put the SSD on same SATA #0 port ID).

Highly recommend.
  3. buser

buser Registered Member

With Hard Disk Manager 2011 prof, I moved from a 120GB SATA HDD to 128GB SATA SSD of C-drive and it worked no problem.

Now I did have driver issues after booting into windows but thats because I needed to update the drivers from old drive to SSD drivers. That's more of a windows issue.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.