Copy Backups from Secure Zone

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by teamjd, Mar 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. teamjd

teamjd Registered Member

I suffered a major HD crash (MBR, NTDLR, partions gone). All I could salvage from the HD was the Secure Zone. I'm installing a different larger HD for backups that will not have the OS on it. I want to delete my Secure Zone and reformat the old drive to use for the OS but not lose all the backups there. How do I copy them to the new drive. All Secure Zone Manager will let me do is increase or decrease the Zone. I do not want a Secure Zone on the new drive...just the backups.

Thanks in Advance

PS - Updated form Partition Expert to Disk Director and TI 8.0. They works great with XP Media Center 2005 w/ sp2 and Raid 0+1

2. beenthereb4

beenthereb4 Registered Member

You should search for this. It boils down to 3 choices.

1. Add the drive to a Linux computer

2. Boot from Knoppix CD

3. Buy and install Paragon Partition Manager Pro

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello teamjd,

Thank you for choosing Acronis True Image (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/).

We regret to inform you that current version of Acronis True Image doesn't support browsing Acronis Secure Zone and copying images from there. It means that we cannot guarantee that any workaround will help and the images will be ok.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

4. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

There isn't a direct method for moving images from the SecureZone to any other media. However, you can restore an image from the SZ and then make an image of the restored partition to another location. If you have more than one image in the SZ, you would have to restore each of them and make the new images to the new location.

The first step would be to delete all the partitions on the drive except the SecureZone and then boot from the TrueImage recovery CD and restore from the SZ the first image. Check whether the system boots properly. If it does, reboot from the recovery CD and make the image to the new location.

If the restored image doesn't boot, then you have several options that have been discussed in other threads using the Windows XP Recovery Console and FIXMBR and FIXBOOT or the Acronis utility to fix the MBR.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.