Copernic Agent?!

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by WonderingStranger, Apr 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi ;

I'd like to ask Wilders members what they think about Copernic Agent, I mean security- and privacy-wise ?
    It looks like such a seductive solution for searching the web (more powerful than Google ?!), I'm thinking about installing it, but I can only find very few comments about it on the web, so I'm wondering if there's something I'm missing here ?!

Thanks

2. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

I checked over their privacy policy and it basically says they track you by IP, use cookies to deliver content "specific to your interests (adware) and they're gonna spam you along with their "friends."

3. Randy_Bell

Randy_Bell Registered Member

I have had Copernic {meta and basic} installed for longtime and never got any spam from them, so ... it's up to you .. they are good but probably not better than Google .. IMHO. ;)

4. WonderingStranger

WonderingStranger Registered Member

Thanks for advices guys... Still dunno what to do... Well, I'll sleep on it and make up my mind later.

Cheers

5. davef

davef Registered Member

I've been using Copernic for years, originally as just Coperic Pro and now as Agent Pro and have never had a problem. Just allow it to open up pages in Firefox and I don't put my proper e-mail in.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.