Cool Web Search Hijacker

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by toddgh, Jul 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. toddgh

toddgh Registered Member

I have had this $#%$@! Cool Web Search Trojan on my PC & can't get rid of it! :rolleyes:
    I have tried Norton, Adaware, Spybot Search & Destroy, CWS Shredder, Hijack This, BHO Demon, & Webroot Spy Sweeper to name a few. None of these programs seem to permanantly remove this intrusive trojan. They seem to temporarily stop it, until I have rebooted.

Other than reformatting my hard drive... does anyone have any suggestions that will permanantly kill this thing? o_O

Thanks,

toddgh

2. Tassie_Devils

Tassie_Devils Global Moderator

Hello toddgh....

Yep, sure can, :) but you have to go to here and follow these steps [if you already have done some of them, just ignore]

GO HERE

Now, the guys helping with the Adware and Hijack forums are very busy, so please be patient. If you keep "bumping" it will move to the top and the guys start with the first posts usually at the bottom. ;)

Cheers, TAS

3. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Hi there Toddgh,
    while you're waiting for expert HJT review, please also have TDS on your system:
    get it at www.diamondcs.com.au , (free evaluation) after installing get on the same page the radius.td3 update, reboot if you hadn't done after the TDS install and let TDS do it's startup scans, get to the scan control to check all scan options there are and do a full system scan.
    Make sure during both installing and scanning TDS you have all other scanners closed.

Another nice tool there is the AutoStartViewer which with all options checked gives you an even more complete overview of all that is autostarting then HJT. (free)
    You can even get APM (if you use XP/2000/2003/NT) to look if there are more secretly hidden files which might be good to be closed or removed. By the time you have all this the HJT experts might be with you and happy with your logs. (free)
    Want to monitor connections to and from your system, which applications are connected to them and being able to kill them, get Port Explorer too (free eval)

I'm sure you will get really clean and give yourself a chance to know several very good tools in the meantime for further detection and protection.

4. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=41943

Hi there,, i split your HJT log and posted it in the HJT forum for expert review for you there, so please look if the experts had a possibility to come to you in the meantime in the HJT forum!

Please see F@L's expert help in the other thread there in the meantime!

Last edited: Jul 20, 2004
  5. psyber

psyber Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.