cool.ne.jp

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by kevvyb2005, Aug 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kevvyb2005

kevvyb2005 Registered Member

MS anti-spyware just warned, out of the blue,about this site asking for permission to install something on my machine.

I said not and did a search on google and stupidly clicked on the link that took me to the site rather than another that might tell me something about it.

Does anyone know anything about this site? I am now worried that I might have downloaded something just by visiting the site.

2. TopperID

TopperID Registered Member

Are you saying you were not even at this site when it tried to install something?

What was it trying to install?

If you denied it permission and MS-AS has not chimed in to complain of Registry or other changes, then I don't see what it could of done.

I've just been to the site, its Japanese and seemed innocuous, I didn't get any warnings of problems (though my browser settings would prevent that). Just give yourself an AV and AS scan and, if clear, forget about it.

3. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Do you recall if it was an attempt to "install something"....or was it informing you about adding a trusted web site similar to the pic below.

Also....at about the same time or just prior to this happening....were you attempting to Immunize Spybot ?

If so....Please take a look at this thread

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.