Cookies not displaying in SystemWorks with PG installed

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by Stro, Mar 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stro

Stro Registered Member

If some using Norton SystemWorks 2004 (or its stand-alone CleanSweep program) with PG has encountered and resolved this problem, I'd appreciate your advice.

I have the registered, full version of Process Guard 3.150 on my PC, having just download it about a week ago. Everything works fine except one thing.

In Norton SystemWorks 2004's CleanSweep module, there is a Cookie Clean-up screen. This screen displayed all the cookies on my PC. This is the screen from which I conveniently deleted individual unwanted cookies (with Safey Sweep turned OFF) during my weekly PC maintenacne routine.

Since installing PG, however, no cookies display on the otherwise formatted Cookies Clean-up screen. I have tried the obvious setting changes on PG - disabling Protection altogether, activating Learning Mode, ensuring the Block new or changed programs box on the Main tab is unchecked - but the cookies still do not display on the Cookies Clean-up screen.

Any suggestions?

Regards,
    Stro

2. dog

dog Guest

Hi Stro,

I can't see how PG might interfere, and it doesn't on my machine. I don't use IE, but I just logged on to Wilders' with IE to double-check, and I can view the cookie in both the cleansweep module, and from with in NSW pro web tools.

Your System Works may have become corrupt, have you tried uninstalling the cleansweep module and re-installing it?

Steve

3. Stro

Stro Registered Member

Thanks for the reply, Steve. The problem I had wasn't corruption because I have two Win XP PCs set up with the same software, and I couldn't see Cookies in either PCs' Cookie Clean-up screen.

I did go into SystemWorks Web Tools and delete a lot of graphics and history, but not many cookies. After that, I went back into Cookie Clean-up and, behold, all the cookies are now displaying.

I have no idea why, but it's working now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.