Cookies created by RVS 2010

Discussion in 'Returnil releases' started by MikeRogers, Oct 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MikeRogers

MikeRogers Registered Member

I mentioned this in the thread about the GAOTD offer but it probably got missed in all the "excitement". (And while on the subject, congratulations once again for sorting out the problem,)

I've noticed that the licensed (ie GAOTD) version of RVS 2010 has created three new cookies that look remarkably like some kind of licensing data. Is this actually their function?

I ask this question because I normally configure my browsers to clear out history and cookies when they're closed down and run regular clean-ups of my system to remove anything else that gets missed.

If Returnil developers have indeed decided to use cookies to store licensing information, I suggest that it was a questionable decision and that cookies are a less-than-ideal place to store such information.

Mike Rogers

2. Coldmoon

Coldmoon Returnil Moderator

Hi Mike,
    Registration data is controlled by the server and not by cookies on your computer. When you register the server will assign you a license and then updates your copy of RVS. RVS then stores this information internally.

If you have visited our website, you may have cookies related to that visit...

Mike

3. ragnarok2012

ragnarok2012 Registered Member

This is why I use returnil under sandboxbie-- all is gone with a reboot!!! Including all and any cookies!!!

If you offer a child a cookie or a juicy steak they will choose a dried up cookie all the time.

Let's not be like children and take the steak instead!!!

4. MikeRogers

MikeRogers Registered Member

True, but your Returnil license should also get wiped, so less than optimal, IMO.

Since I'm here, I think it's worth mentioning that the cookies weren't related to any website visit, hence my original post. However, it seems that the product worked ok even after the cookies had been wiped, so the matter is not worth pursuing further.

MikeR

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.