Convert SSD Raid0 MBR to GPT

Discussion in 'Other Paragon Disk Utilities' started by towtol, Feb 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. towtol

towtol Registered Member

I have Win7 x64 installed on a raid0 config of 2x 128GB SSDs (C: drive). And for storage I have 3x 500GB HDDs in a raid0 config (D: drive).

I wanted to do a test of the MBR to GPT Converter feature in Hard Disk Manager 12 Suite v10.1.19.162400 so I right-clicked my C: drive in HDM 12 and selected "Convert to GPT hard disk".

The operation performed a reboot in which I viewed Paragon software running and then another reboot occurred.

After the second reboot I got a "Boot Manager Missing" error so I go into my BIOS and my C: drive is nowhere to be found.

I tried to perform a recovery on my C: drive from my Win7 install disk and received this error message...

"This version of System Recovery Options is not compatible with the version of Windows you are trying to repair. Try using a recovery disc that is compatible with this version of Windows".

My mobo is an Asrock 990FX Fatal1ty which from the provided documentation shouldn't have a problem with it's UEFI BIOS recognizing a GPT format.

I'm just interested in seeing how GPT performs on my system as compared to MBR but I'm obviously missing something in the conversion.

All help greatly appreciated. Thanx!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.