Control Center "Quit" button greyed out

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 1 Forum' started by spy1, Jan 25, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spy1

spy1 Registered Member

It's been this way since I un-installed the beta and re-d/l'ed and installed the release version.

Just tried un-installing/re-installing again to day for the heck of it and it didn't change anything.

Am I missing something here? I know I used to be able to use the "Quit" button before I tried out the beta.

(And forgive me if this has already been addressed somewhere - I'm not seeing it). Pete

2. Tinribs

Tinribs Registered Member

If you have settings passworded it'll grey out he quit button to prevent you or someone else closing security and losing protection, you need to hit the 'unlock' button and enter yor password first. Hope that helps.

3. spy1

spy1 Registered Member

Well, I never had it passworded - in either version of the program.

I went ahead and passworded it (since it thinks it's passworded, anyway).

Maybe changing it back to be un-passworded will clear it up? Pete

4. spy1

spy1 Registered Member

Nope, "Un-Hide" didn't make the "Quit" button come back, either.

Is there a registry key I can change somewhere? Pete

5. snapdragin

snapdragin Registered Member

Hi spy1

to quote Rodzilla "NOD32CC runs as a service on NT systems ... the "Quit" button is inoperative."

the Quit button is available under Win98x (i think WinME also)...but not XP-Home or XP-Pro.

This is the thread with Rodzilla's quote above in it.
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=4687

hope that helps,

snap

6. Phil

Phil Registered Member

Pete,

The only way *I* know you can handle this is at install and is the way I ran NODCC on my XP Pro. At some point in the install procedure (I don't remember exactly - it's been a while), you can choose to NOT have the Control Center run at system start-up. That way you can run it in manual mode. Installed that way, when you click the CC icon you will get a pop-up saying the CC is not running and do you want to run it as an application. Click "Yes" and it will open and let you perform the various functions including update. Then you can close it when finished. However, this will preclude using auto-update except for that session so you will have to do manual updates, my preferred method. This also has the side benefit of not having the CC icon in the systray all the time. :cool:

HTH
    Phil

7. spy1

spy1 Registered Member

Thank you Tinribs, Snap and Phil.

I probably shouldn't have been beta'ing anything immediately prior to, during or after a switch to a new OS.

At least now I know it's me and not the program.

Good night. Pete

8. Tinribs

Tinribs Registered Member

Hmmm I never noticed that before, I unlocked my CC and indeed the 'quit' button was still greyed out, sorry for my misinformation Pete :oops:

I guess I never needed or wanted to quit Nod before so I should have checked first! ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.