Context Menu Scan Missing - Version 8.0.1.165

Discussion in 'Prevx Betas' started by kero68, Apr 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kero68

kero68 Registered Member

Hi All,

Just installed the above and no matter what I do I can't seem to activate the context menu scan in explorer.

I have disabled it and re-enabled it in settings but to no avail.

I have raised a support ticket but still no help.

Has any one had this issue or any suggestions on how to rectify.

I have tried reinstalling the software but still not giving me a right click context menu scan option...
  2. Techfox1976

Techfox1976 Registered Member

It used to have some issues with 64-bit desktop files specifically, but I'm not seeing any problem on my system here anymore. What do you have selected when you're right-clicking to scan? For example, a file, or a folder, or nothing at all? (If you have nothing at all selected, it won't show the context item.)
  3. kero68

kero68 Registered Member

I have tried it with both a file and a folder, it is just completely missing from the right click explorer menu
  4. Triple Helix

Triple Helix Webroot Product Advisor

Can you tell us what other security you are using with WSA in realtime and your OS and if it's 32bit or 64bit?

Thanks,

TH
  5. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

Could you let me know what other applications are in your Context Menu? It's possible that there's a conflict here.

Thanks!
  6. Triple Helix

As an example to PrevxHelp's question!

TH

Capture13-04-2012-4.23.23 PM.jpg
  7. kero68

kero68 Registered Member

Currently running Windows 7 64bit
  8. Triple Helix

Any other security in realtime?

TIA,

TH
  9. kero68

kero68 Registered Member

Just WSA in realtime. Hitman pro and malware bytes on demand
  10. kero68

kero68 Registered Member

Just advising, removed WSA then copied the installer to my actual desktop and reinstalled. Now all fixed with we root in the menu as it should
  11. puff-m-d

puff-m-d Registered Member

In my case it works and it does not... If I am using windows explorer it works fine. Now when it does not work is with XYplorer. I really like XYplorer and use it almost all of the time. If I need to scan with WRSA I just have to switch back to windows explorer. There seems to be so incompatibility at present with XYplorer but it would be great to get it working.....
  12. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

Supporting non-default shells would likely be non-trivial if they aren't accepting the normal callbacks. I'll take a look, however, but I don't think there's much luck of success. We officially support only Windows Explorer itself.
  13. puff-m-d

puff-m-d Registered Member

Thanks Joe. I kind of thought this would probably be the case as it is impossible to cater to all. I just saw this thread had started on context menus so I thought what harm to ask in either case. Thanks for the response.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.