Context menu (right click) Windows explorer

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by postscript, Jul 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. postscript

postscript Registered Member

I'm running NOD32 on a Winxp sp2 machine. Within my file browse utility (Windows explorer / Totall Commander) I miss the Virusscan function in the richt-click context menu. It would be easier to have a file quickly scannes.

Although it should be e feature of NOD32 I can't find the thrick to make is work.

Has anyone any idear?

Thanx!

Pieter

2. Brian N

Brian N Registered Member

3. alglove

alglove Registered Member

The right-click menu feature is an option when you first install NOD32, but I cannot find anywhere in the settings that lets you enable this after NOD32 has already been installed.

I believe the following registry key enables this feature:
    HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\NOD32 Context Menu Extension

name: (Default)
    type: REG_SZ
    data: {B089FE88-FB52-11D3-BDF1-0050DA34150D}

The data field may very well be different for you, however. To find what it should be on your computer, search the registry for "NOD32 Context Menu Shell Extension". You may find it on the right side. If you look on the left side, you will see the {.......} number that you should use.

If you do not find the {.......} number, you may have to create it. Open up a Command Prompt and type this:

regsvr32 C:\Program Files\Eset\nodshex.dll

Once you have typed this, do the steps above in the reverse order. o_O

At least, I think that is how you would do it manually. If anyone knows of a button to add the right-click menu, please tell!

4. NOD32 user

NOD32 user Registered Member

5. pykko

pykko Registered Member

Try reinstalling NOD32 again. ;)
    Also u could take a look here: http://www.windowsitpro.com/Article/ArticleID/13596/13596.html :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.