Context Menu problem.

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by RedTape, Nov 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RedTape

RedTape Registered Member

Hello,

in my previous versions of ESET i have always had the ability to right click on an item regardless of what it was and run a quick scan with ESET directly from that menu. I had tried to do that today and the option was completely gone (was using v4 at the time) i figured it would a error , so i completely uninstalled the program and reinstalled it (currently running v5) and i still do not have the option to right click and scan with ESET.

im currently using windows 7 home edition 64 bit, and yes i have entered into the advanced options and clicked integrate context menu , many times in fact all with multiple reboots and system restarts with no luck.

the integrate option is clicked right now after a fresh restart and its not showing as an option when i right click a file.

2. siljaline

siljaline Registered Member

User Interface menu advanced setup > ensure the • integrate into context menu box • is checked. Please always tells us what version you are running.

3. RedTape

im using ESET nod32 64bit version 5

i am made sure the checkbox is checked multiple times , i have rebooted multiple times and have tried completely reinstalling multiple times. still does not work

and i have tried running EKRN , and the gui as admin still doesnt work. i even uninstalled completely and tried installing a smart security trial version before going back to my nod32 and even smart security didnt let me right click and scan

4. siljaline

Was your previous anti-virus software completely uninstalled ? Try a manual uninstall. since multiple attempts otherwise have clearly not worked. When you perform the new installation, ensure you choose the advanced set-up menu to allow for the options to be selected.

Good luck.

5. RedTape

i have manually uninstalled the program and have both done the advanced set up over the recommended one. i was not using a anti virus program before ESET (fresh hard-drive)

i still dont have the option im afraid.

6. siljaline

Please submit an online Support Ticket Request to ESET. A dedicated ESET Support Professional will be in contact with you for additional information.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.