Context Menu Command

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by roadlesstraveled, Jun 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. roadlesstraveled

roadlesstraveled Registered Member

I'd like to move move the "Scan with ESET Smart Security" in the context menu to a specified location. How would I go about doing this?

The simplest method that I can think of is to use FileMenu Tools, but I'm not sure how to get the selected file to be automatically scanned. When I select this created option in my context menu the ESET control panel opens. What is the command that I need to add?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. MattJN

MattJN Former ESET Support Rep

Hello,

You said "I'd like to move move the "Scan with ESET Smart Security" in the context menu". Does this mean you want to change where in the context menu the option to scan appears?

Thanks,

Matt

3. roadlesstraveled

Yes.

I can do this with FileMenu Tools but I need to know the command to send it.

4. MattJN

MattJN Former ESET Support Rep

Hello,

You could reference C:\Program Files\ESET\ESET NOD32 Antivirus\ecls.exe and scan it with the command line scanner if that works for you. Here is a list of command line scanner options, but I have not tested using them in FileMenu Tools.

Thanks,

Matt

5. roadlesstraveled

Here's where I'm at right now.

I've tried referencing ecls.exe directly but it closes immediately after it opens. How do I keep if from closing? I think if I can get ecls.exe to stay open then that'll fix my problems.

These settings have got me the closest so far:
    Program: C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe
    Arguments: "%1" /K "C:\Program Files\ESET\ESET Smart Security\ecls.exe" --no-quarantine --no-subdir --aind --log-file=C:\Users\<UserName>\Desktop\nod32.txt --log-all

The only problem is that I can't get it to scan just a single file. It will always scan the entire directory. That's why I have --no-subdir in the code right now.

I either need to figure out how to keep ecls.exe open or find a way to only scan one file using the second method. Although I'm a bit stuck at the moment.

Any ideas?

6. roadlesstraveled

7. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

You can try creating a batch file with appropriate commands. Still, it's not clear to me what exactly you want to achieve and why adjustments for the context menu entries available in the advanced setup are not sufficient for you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.