[Contest] Shadow Defender - 15 licenses to win

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by ichito, Jun 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ichito

ichito Registered Member

For everyone who is interested...do I see "forest of hands"? :D
    =http://www.tipradar.com/contest-shadow-defender.html#comment-154541

2. moontan

moontan Registered Member

has the situation changed about SD?

do we know what happened to the original developer and who the new owners are?

3. CyberMan969

CyberMan969 Registered Member

No, the site is still ran by unknowns who don't provide any support and don't respond to any e-mails whatsoever.

What made me smile was the list of advantages:

Advantages:

1. Easy-to-use security solution. (True, it is dead easy and simple to use)

2. Prevent malicious activity and unwanted changes. o_O (the word PREVENT is misleading and blatant false advertizing, they should have used the word UNDO instead).

3. Prevent all viruses, Trojans and malware attacks. o_O (Again the word PREVENT is misleading, UNDO should have been used as SD won't protect from malware, but it can undo the infection)

4. Securely surf the internet without leaving any traces behind. o_O (Again, false advertizing. SD alone won't protect your privacy during any given session, it will just UNDO traces upon reboot)

5. Eliminate the need of any system downtime and maintenance costs as you would never damage your main system. o_O (NEVER is a VERY BIG word...)

6. Test new/unknown software’s in a safe environment. o_O (Not true for testing software that require reboots in order to be functional)

7. Receive 100% FREE product updates. o_O (WHAT UPDATES?? Their version 331 is here to stay I'd say, most probably just a basic recompile of Tony's code with no real bug fixes. I don't care if they release all the new versions in the world, without a changelog they will still be suspect)

8. Very light weight on system resources. (True)

Two truths out of 8. Pretty bad I'd say. Tipradar should have done their homework better, before affilating with such ...unknowns.

4. CloneRanger

CloneRanger Registered Member

Here's the Interesting thing !

Either someone at www.tipradar.com or the "new" SD www MUST have contacted each other first, in order for this to go ahead. So cantact HAS finally been made with at least one person at the "new" SD www, & the owner of www.tipradar.com must have a name/email etc.

Maybe someone could contact www.tipradar.com & try to find out more info :thumb:

5. RedDawn

RedDawn Registered Member

Or contact Grr, who wrote the review for TipRadar. I've seen him round many forums, anyone here know him?

6. sdmod

sdmod Shadow Defender Expert

I agree

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.