Content

Discussion in 'Forum Related Discussions' started by whitedragon551, Nov 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whitedragon551

whitedragon551 Registered Member

Whats with all crappy replies to threads these days? Seems intelligence and the ability to answer a simple question has turned into a riddle. Quality posts have really gone down in the last month or so here.

2. Page42

Page42 Registered Member

The way a question is asked often influences the way it is answered.

3. whitedragon551

Failure to comprehend a plain English question is horrible among some of the users. They just go and randomly spout of garbage thats not even remotely related to the question.

4. trjam

trjam Registered Member

I disagree. You said "English Question", isnt this board made up all types of people from around the world.

Remember, the intelligent started out as not to astute to begin with. They acquired their intelligence, by asking questions.;)

5. whitedragon551

It is, but I specifically asked a question in English. If you cant comprehend or speak English fluently dont reply to my question with some half baked idea thats irrelevant to the English question.

6. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

Nature of a large community site like this and posting on a public forum. English speaking and so so English speaking members get a chance to participate

7. crofttk

crofttk Registered Member

A simple question is not guaranteed a simple answer.

BTW, if I AM fluent in English, does that mean I AM free to spout off irrelevant garbage in response to your questions?

P.S. I always figured if one was going to fail, they might as well fail horribly.

8. whitedragon551

No it doesnt. It means read it and respond to the actual question instead of posting irrelevant garbage.

9. crofttk

Well, more to the point, in diversity lies strength. The price of leveraging strength from diversity is more flexibility and tolerance.

However, yes, spouters of irrelevance are a definite PITA.

10. whitedragon551

Thats exactly the point. If it doesnt answer the question dont post it. Start your own thread and spout your own irrelevance there.

11. crofttk

Gawd, I love general topics. :D

12. trjam

trjam Registered Member

well then, this post by me, could be deemed utter garbage in reference to the subject matter. But I asked for myself, and vtol was kind enough to answer.

I agree with you, but I know I have been guilty of this, but I guess it to me, it just comes with the territory.

13. majoMo

majoMo Registered Member

Noticed since one year ago. Can't understand the reason yet. It isn't in Wilders forum only; same with others also. It seems something is coming close to, without any clear warning. Strange thing.

Riddles phenomenons indeed.

@ crofttk, your signature, with Darwin sentence, is adequate here and now: "Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge..."

Last edited: Nov 17, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.