Contacting XeroBank...

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by agent007, Dec 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. agent007

agent007 Registered Member

Hello all,

Sorry if I am in the wrong section but as Steve works for XB I decided to post here.
    I tried to contact the sales department but had no answers and wonder if XB was still running ?
    No offense, it is just a simple question, seems a lot of people out there are favorable to their services, I'd like to test as well.

Thank you for your answers.

Kind Regards.

2. caspian

caspian Registered Member

3. hierophant

hierophant Registered Member

Me too, for about two years. Reliability has been excellent. I'm sure it's hell to support, in that users are generally committed to being anonymous. Also, I gather that they've been preoccupied with XB3, which will reportedly include some very cool services.

4. Searching_ _ _

Searching_ _ _ Registered Member

Will it include rootkit WAN scans?

5. hierophant

hierophant Registered Member

I haven't seen that mentioned. You may be (at least somewhat) protected as part of their virtual network. All that I can see of it with Nmap (on the connected machine) are the local and remote TAP adapters, and a couple remote routers (192.168.*.*). I don't see anything suspicious via TCPView or Wireshark. As expected, I don't see any of it from other machines on my local network.

I suspect that users are sandboxed from each other, and perhaps from their network. Perhaps there are multiple levels of virtualization. We probably don't want anyone outside XeroBank to know more than that, right?

Anyway, it'd be prudent to assume that you're on a public network, and run a good software firewall (your perimeter firewall being out of the circuit).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.