Constant Threat alert

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by upgrader11, Apr 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. upgrader11

upgrader11 Registered Member

I've had a few bad run-ins with some freeware today. Most of it is off my hard drive, but ESET won't shut up.

Apparently the source of the threat is some URL. Here it is exactly: -http://download.mybrowserbar.com/vkits/dlv1/937811/youtubedownloaderToolbar.msi-

It includes the freeware I used temporarily. It's Youtube Downloader. But I uninstalled it, and the threat source is a URL. Am I missing something? If it's a URL and not on my hard drive, how to I get rid of it?

I ran a scan already, and nothing appears to be endangered. But this alert keeps popping up and ESET continues to quarantine it (I've got well over 300 of these alerts accrued right now).

So...how to I get ESET to calm down and remove the threat if there is one?

I'm aware I can shut off notifications, but the fat that it's so persistent makes that a less preferable option to me.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 19, 2012
  2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Please copy an example of the alert record from your Threat log and paste it here.

3. upgrader11

upgrader11 Registered Member

"4/19/2012 11:04:39 PM HTTP filter file -http://download.mybrowserbar.com/vkits/dlv1/937811/youtubedownloaderToolbar.msi- a variant of Win32/Adware.Toolbar.Dealio application connection terminated - quarantined Zach-PC\Zach Threat was detected upon access to web by the application: C:\Users\Zach\AppData\Local\Temp\nsgE18E.tmp\youtubedownloaderToolbar-stub-1.exe.-"

I've deleted that file, but I'm still getting threat reports out the wazoo.

4. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

The exe file in the temp folder looks like an adware downloader. Please submit it to ESET as per the instructions here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.