Constant "alert" sounds after installing....

Discussion in 'LnS English Forum' started by JRCATES, Mar 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JRCATES

JRCATES Registered Member

Hi,

I just installed and am trialing Look 'n' Stop 2.05p2 on a test machine, and ever since installation and configuration using Blackspear's settings.....I CONSTANTLY get an alert SOUND notification (no pop-up, just like the high pitched "blink" sound similar to when you get a pop-up that the batteries are low on a cordless mouse). I didn't get this BEFORE installing LNS....so I'm sure it has something to do with the trial installation.

Any suggestions on what I could check (batteries are fine, thanks) to see what is causing this? Simply put, I can NOT live with this constant pinging alert sound....and if that's to be expected with LNS, then it'll have to go bye-bye.

Any ideas?

2. JRCATES

OK, I think this thread can be ignored now, I may have found the answer. After exploring and looking around the LNS interface, under "Options", there is a check in the tickbox next to sound under Log, and I have now unchecked that. For the past minute or so, there has been NO ALERT SOUND! :thumb: , so I think I have discovered the answer to this problem.......

EDIT: OH....I did want to ask and am curious why (through Look 'n' Stop's web-site) the "free trial" downloads the 2.05p2 version rather than the current 2.05p3 version.

Frederic.....if I wanted to trial the 2.05p3 version rather than the 2.05p2 version, would I have to uninstall p2, or could p3 be installed over (on top of) the current p2 trial version? And would this even be possible to do (trial p3)?

Thanks

Last edited: Mar 13, 2006
  3. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

2.05p3 is only a beta available thru this forum

4. JRCATES

Thanks for that info. :thumb:

So, any idea when it will be out of beta, and available as a full official version release?

And what differences are there between p2 and p3?

EDIT: Since I downloaded 2.05p2 to trial through the Look 'n' Stop web-site, rather than look for a link to 2.05p3 here in these forums.....do you think that it would be possible for me to uninstall the version I am currently trialing (2.05p2 - just installed yesterday) and install the latest (p3)? Would Frederic have a problem with this?

Last edited: Mar 14, 2006
  5. WSFuser

Fixes:
    • The "extra save" feature now saves the filename paths correctly with 2 '\' when needed, so the import of the .reg file is working for the list of Applications.
    • Confirm on Exit now works also when using the Quit from the Trayicon menu.
    • Help key (F1) correctly handled in all dialog boxes.
    • Memory leak in the icon handling for the list of connected applications.
    • Yellow icon not refreshed when the Edit button was used.
    • Internet filtering (Win2000/XP only): fix in the driver about the Different And criteria which was not working.
    • Internet Filtering: TCP SPI (Win2000/XP only): better handling of timeouts and closing connections.
    • Internet Filtering: Fixed some problems with rules handling IP fragmentation flags.
    • Application Filtering (Win2000/XP only): the handling of port & IP ranges was not working.
    • Application Filtering (Win2000/XP only): new installation of the driver to avoid the problem of load order which caused lnsfw1 to be disabled.
    Added:
    • Service automatic uninstall when Look 'n' Stop in uninstalled.
    Changes:
    • When the password is deactivated, its value remains and is no longer reset to null.
    • The automatic log cleanup removes 10% of the items when the limit is below 1000 (instead of removing by default 100 items).
    • When a ruleset filename has been translated by a plugin, a check is performed to verify the file exists, if not, the default ruleset filename is used.
    • Internet Filtering: TCP SPI (Win2000/XP only): the number of simultaneous connections is now 256.
    • Protocols handling (Win2000/XP only): a modification through the dialog box (addition/removal/blocking/allowing a protocol) has now an immediate effect.
    heres the thread, im sure frederic will have no problem with more people testing the beta.

6. Frederic

Frederic LnS Developer

Hi JRCATES,

No need to uninstall the 2.05p2 before installing the 2.05p3.
    Just install the 2.05p3 on top of the 2.05p2.

Even if the 2.05p3 is a beta, it is quite stable if you are not using the advanced features (which are disabled by default).

Regards,

Frederic

7. JRCATES

Thanks, Frederic. I'm glad you brought this up, because I noticed through Blackspear's Setup and Settings for Look ā€˜nā€™ Stop, he didn't have ANY "Miscellaneous" options selected under Options/Advanced Options except for "Confirm on Exit". I noticed through Phant0m's set-up guide, that he (Phant0m) has ALL of them selected. Neither guide mentions what to do with the Miscellaneus options (I just noticed through the image). Currently, I have ALL but "Raw Log" selected.....is this advisable, encouraged or suggested to do? Seems like this would enable the best and tightest configuration, but if it's overkill and unnecessary, please let me know.....

8. WSFuser

i have it setup the same way except i disabled "watch dns calls" (supposedly its redundant; possible incompatibility) and "watch thread injection" (incompatible with my athlon 64).

Last edited: Mar 14, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.