Consolidation of incremental images ATI2009

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by ChronoStriker1, Oct 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChronoStriker1

ChronoStriker1 Registered Member

I've been backing up 512Gb to a 1Tb Raid. I do it with high compression. This brings the backup to around 468Gb and the incremental is around 13Gb. I have it set to do one backup before consolidation (previously had it set to 4 and have been stepping down) but I'm still getting drive out of space errors. So how much drive space is necessary to consolidate? Also is it decompressing the backup before consolidation and if thats the case would just not using compression fix the issue (since while decompressing the compressed image is on the same drive.)

2. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

Your problem might be that 2009 does not delete the incrementals when it consolidates.

What it may do, is write temporary files to the drive as interim files. I would think not using compression would make your problem worse - how about trying full compression so that the original images take up less room.

Colin

3. paracanary

paracanary Registered Member

What works for me is to break up the 512 gig into smaller backup tasks. Then the consolidation is on smaller units using less disk space and the consolidation is staggered.

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello ChronoStriker1,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for delayed response.

Please be aware that, as with other versions of Acronis True Image, consolidation requires at least as much free space as the total size of archives being consolidated. The process first creates the resulting file, and only when it's successfully done deletes the two originals.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.