considering Spywareblaster

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by charmed, Apr 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. charmed

charmed Registered Member

HI there! I am considering installing spyware blaster (I already run adaware and spybotsd). I am wondering if it allows you to ignore certain spywares. For example, my four year-old likes to play games online from a particular site that always puts a spyware from doubleclick on my computer, despite my browser settings. I am willing to tolerate this particular spyware, as it doesn't seem particularly malicious, and my son would never forgive me if I took away access to this site. Will my son still be able to access his spyware-infested site if I install Spyware blaster?
    Thank you!

2. The Snowman

The Snowman Guest

Can't give you an absolute answer so will offer this.

I just checked an spyblaster does block some doubleclick cookies......BUT......thats can be SELECTIVELY DISABLED....or...the entire settings in spyblaster can be SLECTIVELY enabled or disable with a mere click.......so, your son can use the online games....if you select the settings prior to his doing so........

An now about those bad lil cookies......there is a program called CookieMuncher.....it makes a website think that the cookie has been downloaded but really the cookie has been distroyed.....an no tracking.....its alittle heavy on resources..so check that if your son complains the computer is slow.....

So there...now you have the best of all worlds....

Javacool may reply later..or others here may...checkout their suggestions.

The Snowman

3. Pieter_Arntz

Pieter_Arntz Spyware Veteran

Hi charmed,

Snowy gave some good and solid advise (as usual).
    A few points you should know:
    -The cookie protection from SpywareBlaster does not work for other browsers then IE6
    -The games will most likely not be suffering from blocking that particular cookie
    -If it does anyway it can be unchecked like Snowy indicated

So SpywareBlaster is a very handy program to ensure less findings in the Adaware and SSD scans.

Regards,

Pieter

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.