Consecutive vs. Incremental Backup

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Chadmi, Oct 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chadmi

Chadmi Registered Member

If your worried about HD space. Create consecutive backups and not fill your HD

A convenient way to created consecutive full backup images with out filling up your hard drive.

This example requires three hard drives. Modify the number of schedules as required.
    1. Schedule four full backups for C:drive (programs). Each schedule runs once a month, consecutive on each Monday of the month. They over right themselves once a month.
    2. Schedule seven backups for D:drive (data). Each schedule runs once a week on consecutive days. They over right themselves once a week.
    This way you don't need to work with incremental backups or worry that your hard drive will fill to capacity.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2005
  2. PhantomVette

PhantomVette Registered Member

I have full backups scheduled for:
    1. Every Saturday (at noon) = 5 backups
    2. Daily (at shutdown) = 1 backup

So, I only store 6 backups on my second hard drive. I do not compress the images so they store very quickly. This only requires one extra hard drive but additional hard drives would give one more safety.

I tried the incremental route and deleting the files was, at best, inconvenient.

Just my 2 cents...

3. Chadmi

Chadmi Registered Member

It sounds like you have the right idea and its working for you.

I like the three HD's because I can keep programs and data seperate. This way if I need to restore C:drive I haven't lost any data, because I am backing up the data daily and the programs once a week.

In addition this seems the only way to manage drive space. A person doesn't need to worry about filling up their backup drive with incremental images. For me working with incremental backup was not convenient.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.