Connected not checked and uncertain

Discussion in 'LnS English Forum' started by mikelp, Apr 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mikelp

mikelp Registered Member

I feel bad to keep posting about this but I am concerned with connected not checked. The stats do go up and the log fills up and I tried ShieldsUP with LnS loaded with the correct adapter and it's fine, with the wrong adapter and fails badly. I use the Wan miniport (IP) adapter, my connection is a USB Alltel wireless modem. Port 0 never passes ShieldsUp but never has with any firewall I've used so that's probably Alltel. Anyway if someone could put my mind at ease I would appreciate it. Is there any other thing to test to be certain LnS is protecting me?

2. mikelp

mikelp Registered Member

3. Frederic

Frederic LnS Developer

Hi,

Yes, you are probably protected, but normally the IP address should be displayed and the "Connected to internet" checkbox ticked.

Usually when this happens, you should have also some problem to connect to internet (web browsing, email...) because somes rules required the IP address to be properly detected.
    Do you experiment this ?

Could you run the following tool and report the result (mask partially the end of MAC & IP address):
    http://looknstop.soft4ever.com/Tools/AdaptListx64.exe

Thanks,

Frederic

4. mikelp

mikelp Registered Member

Actually I can browse fine and if I block IE it wont work. I am able to block everything but what I want to connect. Anyway I will copy it down manually:

Software Loopback Interface 1
    MAC Address: 00:00:00:00:00:00
    IP Adress: 127.0.0.1
    Interface type: IF_TYPE_SOFTWARE_LOOP (24)

Alltel Wireless Internet
    MAC Address: 00:00:00:00:**:**
    IP Address: 98.104.233.**
    Interface type: IF_TYPE_PPP (23)

Hope I did that ok..in any case it sure seems to be working correctly but I would feel better if I could get this right..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.