Connect to a server through VPN cause problems!

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by Teds, Oct 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Teds

Teds Registered Member

Hi!:D

I am in my first year, studying for a bachelor degree in programming. To make my studying easier I have bought a portable computer. The securityprogram I choosed was, of course, Eset Smart Security. :D

Unfortunately, I have met on some problems with Eset Smart Securitys integrated firewall. Every student on my school have an accession and an amount of storage on one of the schools server, named "Ask".

This server can be connected to through a VPN-connection at home. The VPN-connection works without any problems, but when I am going to connect to mye own place on the Ask-server, the firewall refuses me.

Troubleshooting have lead me to the firewall, and when I manually turns the the firewall off, there is no problem to connect to my storageplace on the server.

I have contacted the school, searched the internet and tried different settings in options, but I have no solution for the problem, yet.

I am from Norway, so the text might be 'rubbish', but in the bottom there is a overview over the different ports the VPN-connection is using. I do not know how this could help, but this is the only help the school could give me: http://www.it-drift.hiof.no/index.php?ID=9308

If there is any questions, do not hesitate to ask! :D

My dream is a network where I can be connected to the Ask-server without manually turning the firewall off all the time.

And, sorry for my bad english!:argh:

Greetings from Norway! :D

2. Rmuffler

Rmuffler Former Eset Moderator

Hello Teds,

Please refer to our Knowledgebase article here for help with this. Also, are you in Interactive mode?

Thank you,

Richard

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.