Congratulations ! Dr.Web

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by marcromero, Nov 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. marcromero

marcromero Guest

Dr.Web has now obtained Microsoft Certified Partner status. This speaks well of the company, the development team and quality of their products.

I wish Dr.Web continued growth and success as they move forward with product development and new technologies. Job well done, Dr.Web, keep up the good work.

2. lodore

lodore Registered Member

well done dr web!
    lodore

3. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

or some people would say, putting dr.web in the same sentence as microsoft and prasing this is a big :thumbd: from me

4. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

It only means that Dr. Web doesn't cause any BSOD's in Windows, which is a plus point for M$ of course. ;)

5. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

i know thats what i means,

i just dont like putting congratulations in the same sentence has M********

:D

but yes, its good news for dr.web

6. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

Dr. Web is a personal friend of mine. He treated my computer's lumbago just a week or so ago.

Nah nah nah -- only keeding, mon. I am no fan of M$, but I am pleased that DRW can add this little tidbit to their advertisements. Live long & prosper, Dr Web!:thumb: :thumb:

7. bs259

bs259 Registered Member

Sorry this is a bit off topic, but then again a lot of this thread is off topic.

I will never understand why all of you people that complain about microsoft, complain about it, sure windows has problems what software doesn't. That being said, nobody is forcing you to use windows or any other microsoft products, Go use a Mac, Linux or whatever else you people want to use, but to sit hear and read that you don't like microsoft makes you look like a bunch of idiots.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2006
  8. disinter1

disinter1 Guest

Do you think it would be wise to trial Dr web?

9. marcromero

marcromero Guest

disinter1,

Sure, give it a try, I just tried NAV 2007 for a couple of days to see what all the fuss was about, it's a nice av, but Dr.Web works for me, I like this one the best of any I have tried or used so far, maybe you will too, you don't know until you try it out for yourself. Dr.Web is a small download and installs easily, installed at default settings, it's a set it and forget it av, updates flawlessly on it's own.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 2, 2006
  10. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

if i had a mac pc, i would use the mac OS.

but stuck with windows, and macs are about £2000 compared to a similar spec on windows at just £500

11. bs259

bs259 Registered Member

OK that is not a Microsoft problem, it is a financial problem, also I would think you would be very happy with Microsoft since as you say a similar configured computer is less than half the price, personally im not too sure of macs being that much more than pc's but ill take your word for it. Also IBM licensed other companies to build computers, whereas Apple didn't or if they did it was very expensive for the vendor to buy the license.

12. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

Linux is free

13. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

bigc, linux? :doubt:

cant install much top software on that

14. aigle

aigle Registered Member

All of us are, in a way, forced to use Windows.
    All we need is a healthy competition in OS market, that doesn,t exist atm and might not appear in near future as well.

15. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

yeah thats what i meant to say, :D

we are, most of us.. forced to use windows, as it comes with most systems and all the software works on them etc etc.

why cant they just bring out a mac OSX, that i can install NO PROBLEMS and will install all the latest software on. :)

16. bs259

bs259 Registered Member

Shouldn't you then be mad at IBM for allowing other manufacturers to make PC's or Apple for not allowing it, that more than anything else caused the majority or people to get PC's and not Apples (apple prices were much more expensive than PC's)

17. marcromero

marcromero Guest

I'd appreciate it if everyone would keep to the topic of my thread, please. Thank you.

18. Big Apple

Big Apple Frequent Poster

Right you are and funny........most likely the guys who are bashing Microsoft here, are using Windows in order to post here.

19. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Last of my OT-- it,s not basing. I donn,t believe in that. Just mentioned a reality.
    sorry marcomero!

20. lodore

lodore Registered Member

agreed and recently i have tryed to stop bashing ms because its not there fault that tons of people buy there stuff and a major target.

if apple out sold pc's then apple would have the same problems its never gonna happern thou rofl.

lodore

21. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

Will you PLEASE stick to the subject of this thread and take the sermons elsewhere?

22. bs259

bs259 Registered Member

now why would you do that, I hadn't posted anything here for a couple of days, but you feel the need to mention my name, not really sure why.

23. mercurie

mercurie A Friendly Creature

:rolleyes: I will not mention names the posts speak for themselves. But this thread was drifting way off topic.

I like Dr. Web based or research it seems to be a worthy AV and keeps the others on their toes too. I have read stuff written by the creator too. A well round individual that seems to understand the business side as well. The title would be how I feel too. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.