Congrats to Acronis!

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Johnan, Mar 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Johnan

Johnan Registered Member

Due to the imminent demise of my old tape drive I have been searching many weeks for a viable replacement backup routine. I have a 2 PC configuration both on XPsp2, connected through a router. I have tried many backup programs (NovaBackup, BackupAssist, YTBackup, etc, etc) but none seemed to quite fit the requirements. By accident I stumbled upon Acronis TI v.10. I converted an old HD to USB, atached it to the pc host and installed v.10 on both machines. Wow! is all I can say. This program is very fast and appears to be accurate.

During the past week I have wiped the system drives several times on each machine and recovered both faultlessly, in minutes each time.

There were a couple of wrinkles in all this. In creating the bootable recovery DVD, the default option is to include both "Safe" and "Full" versions of TI. This done, when the machines were rebooted in recovery mode, TI would not see the USB drive across the network. Tweaking the network settings did not help. Created a new bootable disc but this time deselected "Safe" version. It worked like a charm.

I have never been a fan of incremental or differential backups - too confusing. Yet I could not clearly see from the User Manual how to append full backups to the USB drive. A recent post by "Catfan432" explained the solution nicely so thanks to he/she for this insight.

In summary, TI is an elegant solution with a short learning curve compared to other backup programs I have tried. Well done Acronis.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Johnan,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

We are really glad to hear that you are satisfied with the work of Acronis software.

We will certainly do our best in order to provide you with the good and reliable software in the future as well.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.