Confusing tests

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by ThomasAn, Jun 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ThomasAn

ThomasAn Registered Member

Hi all,

(new user here on a 30day trial)
    It is natural for me to look at some comparatives ... but I am getting conflicting results.

In this one --> http://www.av-comparatives.org/ <-- Nod32 looks good ... but in this one --> http://www.malware-test.com/ <-- it looks average.

So I am confused, though I am hearing many people standing by the quality of Nod32.

On a side note (minor thing), why does the font in the control panel look somewhat blurry ? It looks antialiased like a Mac font, but it is not standard for windows (maybe Vista), but the standard windows fonts are crisp.

2. cupez80

cupez80 Registered Member

every test has different samples and procedure so sometimes they show different result. you should try it yourself to see if it fit your need :D if on your trial process you see a good result then you could keep use it.....

3. ThomasAn

Well :) ... I am not quite sure what that means in regards to antivirus. The only thing you get to see during trial is the GUI and the resources load. The protection aspect is nearly invisible and difficult to assess unless you see test results. Otherwise we'd have to turn our PC to a demolition derby just to see if the antivirus works. There is also danger of placebo reasoning ... "you are as protected as the AV tells you it is" in which case even the poorest AV can make someone feel protected.

4. wrathchild

wrathchild Registered Member

But certain products are good in more than one test;)...although test procedure and samples are different!

5. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Are you aware the malware-test results is based on a 2007 report AND Nod 2.7 :blink: :doubt:

6. ThomasAn

Yes ... and the corresponding Aug 2007 av-comparative shows Nod32 to be at 97.6 % with 2.7 version ... hence conflicting results.

Antivir and Bitdefender did good in both tests though

So ... I don't know ... I am confused.

7. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Didn't catch that they were both about 2.7 sorry.

I'll move this thread then to the v2 Forum where it would be more appropriate since it's neither about ESS nor EAV 3.0.

8. Dark Shadow

Dark Shadow Registered Member

Hi ThomasAn,My suggestion would be look at these test for a general guide only.It is a quality product with support backing It.Regards

9. ThomasAn

Well the in 2007 the AV-comparative had Nod32 at 97.6 and in 2008 it was 97.7 ... pretty close ... so if 97.6 corresponded to 54.29% (on the other test) ... then 97.7 would correspond to something around 54 - 60 ?

Of course we can always wait and see what the results will be by end of June.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.