Confused on Trueimage enterprise server...

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by redlob, Nov 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. redlob

redlob Registered Member

Hi Guys,

Just purchased 10 licenses to backup my servers. Im ready to install the product, but i'm not quite sure which options to choose from.

My goal is to make images of 10 servers, and put all those images on the 10th server.

This 10th server is a Windows Storage Server (which I also want to image, but only the partition with the os), so what should I install on that server ? The Agent + group server + backup server ? Or should the group server be installed on another server ?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks from The Netherlands !!

Last edited: Nov 2, 2007
  2. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

ImageAgent needs to be installed on each computer that you want to access remotely.

Backup Server is best installed on the Server you are going to use to backup to, assuming that this server either has a partitioned drive with the OS on it or has a separate drive with the OS on it.

However, if the 'server' is going to be used a little like a very big external backup drive, then just choose which ever server you are going to use as the 'admin' server and install the group and backup components on that one.

Colin

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello all,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.
    Absolutely right. Each workstation should have the agent installed, server should have the Backup Server component on it. Group Server along with the application itself (Acronis True Image 9.1 Enterprise Server) is to be set up on the machine you desire to use as a management center.

If you have any further questions concerning our software, please feel free to contact us at your earliest convenience and we will do our best to assist you as soon as possible.

Thank you.

Best Regards,
    Alexey Bogomolov

4. redlob

redlob Registered Member

Thank you so much guys, I followed you instructions and setup the following:

-Agents on all 10 servers
    -Acronis Trueimage Enterprise + Group server on a management server
    -Acronis Backup server on the server with enough storage

On the backup server, I specified a shared folder for storing the acronis images.

However, when I use the management server to create an image from another server, I select my backup server but only my tape drive shows up. I do not see the shared folder.

What's going wrong here ?

Thank you.

5. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

Are you looking for the backup place via Management Console or from TI Enterprise itself?

Colin

6. redlob

redlob Registered Member

I'm using the management console on the group server.

I found out that it only works when I create a user profile:

I create a user profile for my administrator, and now I can make an image of a server, and it gets stored on the backup server.

However, I want all images in different folders (per servername)

For that I created an administrator profile on acronis backup server, but it seems that this is not being used.

What am I doing wrong ?

Still confused :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.